Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Snow Party!

So on January 10th my son turned 7. 

Hard to believe. Time flies when you are having fun! 

He's 7, so he loves Legos, Animals, his baby sister, and his mom and dad - and of course Jesus. 
He loves his Legos. Although his Lego table will soon have to move to his room! 
 The invite was simple. Duplicated and cut in half card stock. 


Grandma Shirley and baby sister taking it all in. 

He loves the snow, so he wanted a snow party. Keep in mind the several years that he has had a birthday themed party there has been little to no snow on the ground. Yes, I know we live in Iowa. Yes, I know he was born in January. He was born in an Ice Storm! 

Snow Party it is: 
The question is, how do you plan a Snow Party for a boy that isn't everything Frozen themed? 

Here's what we did: 
Craft: Made Snow Globes (it's helpful to have a baby who eats baby food)


The birthday boy and his snowman!

Do you want to build a snowman?
A few years back I helped plan a bridal shower for my sister-in-law and someone found this toilet paper that doesn't tear at the dollar store. I saved it. Perfect for a fun activity like this with the kids. They got to wrap up their friend - and everyone got some energy out! 

Thanks to Hy-Vee for having this cupcake tree!
Not everything is Anna and Elsa! (They are on the other side)
How to make your own Pom-Poms for the ultimate Snowball fight! 

Hubby got into the games!
One game we played was: Snowman Slam - used with the Pom-Poms I made ahead of time

Snowman Slam game - my 7 year old is pretty creative!
This is something he could and did help with!

Food and Snack: Snowman Dessert Dip - served with pretzel sticks of course. 

Snowblower Game - which wasn't as successful as I thought it would be. 
But you don't know until you try it! 

Snowblower game

Food: The local donut shop advertised these Olaf donuts the actual day of his birthday - I ran down and told them I wanted a dozen. They said, "Oh, is the party today?" I said "Nope it's tomorrow." They said, "Oh, you want them fresh!" Done and adorable. They were a big hit! 

He got a free Snowman donut on his birthday from the local donut shop! Love that place!
I was going to make cool blue hot chocolate, but found out I couldn't do that just half an hour before the party was supposed to start, so blue Powerade it was! 

It even snowed when we were having the snow party.
Big Flakes. How did I do that? I shook a snow globe, that's how! 

Follow my Parties board on Pinterest. I always have fun looking for ideas and I don't always end up doing everything I pin, but it's fun and before the party is always super stressful, but somehow it all works out. My ideal party would be well behaved children doing exactly what they are supposed to do. But after several years of doing this- that isn't the reality. Kids need to be kids. They need to be crazy, run around, have fun and growl at each other - yes, they actually did this! 


Got all the kids to throw their snowballs at me! 

Picking up from the best indoor snowball fight ever! 

This is the best photo I have of him looking at me. *sigh* He is 7 now. 
All the kids - best photo - with the snow in the background! 
It was fun, crazy and I hope everyone had a fun time. I was exhausted when I got home of course - but it was all worth it! Will I plan another one? I'm not sure. He'll be 8 next year. The next birthday party I will plan will be little girls, and since it's her first birthday it will be pretty low-key.

Happy New Year! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment