Wednesday, February 25, 2015

8 & 9 month

The time has flown by! Wasn't she just born?
At 8 months old she was crawling- now at 9 months old she's everywhere- into everything. And cruising. Pulling herself up and moving from furniture to furniture. She'll do a few seconds of standing by herself, but then she sits down. Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.
We had about 10 days in January when we had a 7 year old and a 7 month old. 
That was neat. From Jan. 10 - Jan. 20th.


She's smaller than most of her peers, and that's okay. Hubby says she's just perfect. 
As long as she's healthy- does she need to be chunky? Nope.
She likes to be active. Constantly moving, getting into stuff. Super active at 9pm- but even when I was pregnant with her that's when she was kicking hard or having the hiccups! We go to bed around 9:30pm, and she'll come with us then because I know she's had other naps throughout the day.
She's been better about sleeping through the night! Yay! 
Once at 5:30am or even 6am is way better than 3:30 in the morning!




It's not my imagination- this girl has grown! She's moved up to 6 month clothing! It seems like she was in her 3-6 month clothes FOREVER! more cute clothes! Yates said ! I don't think we are ready to move up one more step,yet. But like I was telling another mom friend of mine- every clothing manufacturer is different- some run small, some run huge! I wish they could figure out a standard way of measuring- this is 2015- you'd think they would be able to do that by now! Even women's clothing is all over the map. Why do men get it so easy? 34 waist, 36 height. Easy. But how would you measure a baby like that??
Every baby is different.
She's babbling now: first word was definitely "daddy" second word was "kitty". It's never "mommy" I know it'll come.



I give her 2 months- and she'll be walking. 
I can picture her and her brother running circles around the inside of our house chasing each other. 
My brother and I did that when we were young. 
She'll be walking before her 1st birthday.


What she thought of me taking her photo for 8 months old. 


Growing up way to fast. I forgot how quickly the first year goes by. My sons prayer at every family dinner: 
thank you for the food, thank you for Caroline, I just love her so much.
Sweet boy, I will need to record that and play it back to you when you are fighting with your sister. 
There will be fights. I'm positive, because I'm a mom.



Tell me what you really think, baby girl. 



Taking photos of her and I together

Things she likes/loves: daddy, kitty, mommy, brother, baby food bananas,baby food peas, bottle, puffs, pacifier (that might be hard to break her of), getting into stuff that's not hers!
Things she dislikes: holding still for diaper changes, going into her car seat- although once she's in it, she's usually fine- as long as she's moving! Baby food pears, any mixed foods together, baby food meats (have you smelled that stuff?ugh). Being in her playpen (confinement).


Cruising along furniture, with Save Ottuwma's weekly Post close by. 


Baby wearing at the Soup Cook-Off at my child's school. 


Things she's going to experience in the next month: first airplane ride, first time in the ocean, first time in Florida, first time swimming in a pool- she's been swimming before, but she was really little this summer and wasn't sure of what to do- she really likes splashing in the bathtub, so it should be fun for her now!


9 months? How can this girl be 9 months old already?!? 


We will leave Iowa with a 9 month old and come back with a 10 month old! 
Crazy how in just a few months I'll be planning her 1 year old birthday party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment